AWARD Nominations invited from achievers with disability
Nominations are invited for the 12th CavinKare Ability Awards, presented by CavinKare and the NGO Ability Foundation. It has been awarded since 2003 for achievers with disability.
Any Indian national with disability (as per the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995) who has done exceptional work in his / her chosen field is eligible to apply. A person may nominate himself / herself or someone they know. The nomination forms must reach Ability Foundation on or before December 10. The Awards are presented under two categories — CavinKare Ability Award for Eminence and CavinKare Ability Mastery Awards.
The award for eminence is acknowledges the achievements of an individual who has contributed significantly to society by creating an organisation of his / her own. The award carries a citation, a trophy and a Rs. 2 lakh. The mastery awards are given to three individuals in recognition of their achievement in fields such as arts, film, medicine, science, industry, technology, education, community development, human rights, sports and others. The awards carry a citation, a trophy, and Rs. 1 lakh each. The presentation of the awards will take place in March 2014.
- Disability sports workshop in Vizag to begin from December 12 (dayincity.wordpress.com)
- Disabled need to be empowered with education: President (firstpost.com)
- International Day of People with Disability: Let’s Celebrate ability (texilaconnect.wordpress.com)
- International Day Of Persons With Disabilities (bernews.com)
- BOOM Awards honor abilities of disabled people as Flint man named Entrepreneur of the Year (mlive.com)